Take time to relax this holiday season by letting your Amazon’s voice assistant can also let you know when the gifts you ordered will arrive., and . The smart speaker can also help make your holidays festive — Alexa can make you feel like the you are, for example, by turning on all the Christmas lights with just a command (without the citywide blackout, of course).
You can use these Alexa skills when you want to impress your family — even family you won’t be able to spend time with this holiday season. These features require little to no setup, and they’re super easy to use. Keep reading to find fun Amazon Echo hacks you can use for the holidays.
Control your smart lights with Alexa
1. Open the Alexa app and select Routines from the menu.
2. Tap the Plus icon to add a new routine.
3. Select When this happens.
4. Tap Schedule.
5. Choose Sunrise or Sunset and select the days you want this routine to happen. Tap Next.
6. Tap Add action.
7. Select Smart Home and tap All Devices.
8. From here, select the smart plug that’s connected to your lights. Then, toggle the power switch to On or Off, depending on which schedule you’re setting up. Tap Next and then Save.
Track your gift purchases
If you’re curious about when a gift is going to arrive at your house from Amazon, you can ask Alexa to track your package. Just say, “Alexa, where are my packages?” and it’ll let you know when they are expected to arrive. Yourwill also light up yellow when there’s a that has arrived or is on the way.
Play Christmas music on your Echo speaker
Nothing makes wrapping gifts (and unwrapping them!) more exciting than having your favorite Christmas tunes playing on your Echo device in the background. If you’re an Amazon Prime member, you can just say, “Alexa, play Christmas songs.” If you’re not, you can always connect your preferred music streaming service through the Alexa app — or just download the Christmas Radio skill.
Alexa can send holiday greeting cards
OK, so Alexa can’t send physical holiday greeting cards, but the voice assistant Alexa Skill Blueprints page and select Hallmark Holiday Greeting. Then you can pick a greeting that best suits you and customize it with a personal message or recording. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your holiday greeting.to other Alexa devices. You’ll need to go to the
When you’re ready to send the holiday greeting to your loved ones, click Share With Others. The recipients will need to enable the skill on their Alexa device, and once they have it set up, they just need to say, “Alexa, open Holiday Greeting.” Now they’ll be able to hear your message.
More holiday commands to give Alexa
Try out these Alexa holiday commands, too:
- “Alexa, how many days until Christmas?”
- “Alexa, play Christmas sounds.”
- “Alexa, Christmas tree.”
- “Alexa, read The Night Before Christmas.”
- “Alexa, add apple pie to my shopping list.”
Ready for more Amazon Echo tips? Check out these and .