Welcome to the 436th edition of Android Apps Weekly. Here are the big headlines from last week:
- We asked our readers if they still store music locally on their phones. As it turns out, about 70% of our readers actually, still listen to music without streaming. Some of our readers have told their stories about losing their huge collections and getting cheaper or giving up or streaming than buying. However, some people also talk about their collection of rare items that you will no longer find easily.
- File transfers on Android are much better than before, but they can still be quite a tedious experience. Our author, Dhruv Bhutani, talks about how he knows the limitations of Android’s file system – and how he uses the application. Hit the link to learn more.
- We conducted another reader survey this week on how people view new TV shows. Most of our readers watch TV in all sorts of ways, but others still try to watch TV shows during the broadcast or wait until the end of the season to watch the whole thing. You can hit the link to check it out.
- Google launched Android 13 Beta 3 last week. This is the first beta released to reach the milestone of platform stability. Betas should have minor changes until final release. Platform stability where Google stops adding new things, so app developers have time to update their apps for the official Android 13 launch. You will see that app developers are officially releasing updates to support Android 13 from here.
- There are rumors that Netflix is in talks to buy Roku. This would be a huge deal since Roku is one of the three big set-top box operating systems. Although both organizations are currently struggling, and a merger can help both of them. Although this is only a rumor, we will keep an eye on it and let you know if anything changes.
Price: Free / up to 4.99
Music Pro is a new app from Sony, and it’s specifically for Sony phones. It doesn’t actually play music as its name suggests. Instead, it is mostly for recording audio files. It’s decent for a recorder, and when you do, you’ll get a handsome waveform animation. The reputation of being able to monitor yourself while recording when you use wired headphones. There are some tuning functions that help you get better sound from your recordings, but this is a premium feature. Unfortunately, I do not have a Sony phone so I could not test it, but it seems quite straightforward.
MU Origin 3
Price: The game is free
MU Origin 3 is a new MMORPG and the second one that will launch in two weeks, the other one is Diablo Immortal. It has three customizable classes, which are basically blows, range and magic. It also boasts of an open world, cross-server PvP, tons of loot, and other MMORPG staples like Fly. It’s a fairly straightforward MMORPG experience, but it fits all general MMORPG stuff. It has plenty of menus that are confusing at first, and auto-play is not everyone’s cup of tea. It has its ups and downs but it should be quite popular for a short time.
Super Notes is a note-taking application with a UI reminiscent of Google Keep. You will get the main screen with your notes in different colors. It supports lists, images, rich text, a night mode and a few other things. You can lock this app with your fingerprint to stay out of sight. Additionally, you can export notes to PDF or TXT files if you wish. It goes on for সামনে 5.99 up front but has no ad or in-app purchases. Overall, this is nice if you need that extra layer of privacy, but other note-taking apps are pretty good at maintaining it otherwise.
The story of a company
Price: The game is free
A Story of A Company is the latest game from Buff Studios, the developer of Underworld Office and Buff Knight. This is a visual novel game like an underworld office. You follow the daily life story of a group of human and animal hybrids in their completely normal office environment. There is no real mechanics, but it is largely indicative of the genre. You mostly read the story, make some decisions and enjoy yourself until the end. There are multiple endings, conclusions and achievements for the player. It’s a pretty cool game overall, and Buff Studio in general makes a pretty visual novel.
Microsoft List is a productivity tool for those who use Office 365 as part of their work. It lets you manage your work, track information and stay organized. It’s like things like Asana or Basecamp, but on a smaller scale The app comes with a variety of templates that help you quickly create things, collaborate with peer-to-peer features, and integrate with other Microsoft products. Despite having a name, it gets a lot of negative feedback from not being a note-taking app or a listing app. However, assuming your work using Office 365 works well enough.
If we miss a major Android app or game release, let us know in the comments.
Thank you for reading. Also try: