FEELWORLD, a Chinese company specialized in affordable camera monitors, recently launched its first video mixer/switcher: the FEELWORLD LIVEPRO L1. This switcher has four HDMI inputs, one HDMI program output, a 3.5mm microphone input, a headphone output, one LAN connector to control the device, and one USB 3.0 port for live-streaming applications. Let’s take a closer look at it!
Due to restrictions all over the world, we can say that 2020 was the year of live-streaming. While things are slowly getting better in some parts of the planet, live events and product announcements over the Internet are here to stay like Canon and Blackmagic Design already did.
On another scale, most of us as filmmakers probably already received a request to set up, shoot, live-stream events over the past couple of months. This is nice as the business is slowly going back to some normality, but a live video switcher/mixer was not our top-of-the-list thing to buy, and most of us did not have one. Thankfully, more and more affordable products like the FEELWORLD LIVEPRO L1 are coming to the market to help us land jobs while staying on a budget.
FEELWORLD LIVEPRO L1 – Input and Output Ports
The FEELWORLD LIVEPRO L1 is a compact -185 x 110 x 39mm for a weight of 648g – live video switcher/mixer that has quite a couple of input/output ports to accommodate most independent filmmakers needs, including:
- Four HDMI 1.3 input ports and one HDMI output port that support resolutions up to 1080p60.
- One 3.5mm microphone input and one 3.5mm headphone output.
- One USB 3.0 output connects to your computer – which will recognize it as a webcam – so you can live stream your output feed directly to social media or record it in 1080p60 resolution.
- A LAN connector that allows you to control and setup the FEELWORLD LIVEPRO L1.
- One 1/4″-20 mounting point on the right side of the device so you can mount it on a tripod/magic arm, for example.
As you can see, there are all the connectors you need to get started for live streaming applications. According to FEELWORLD, the LIVEPRO L1 is “compatible with OBS, AMCap, ECap, Potplayer, Tencent conference, Yealink, Youtube, Facebook, Zoom, Tik Tok, and more.”
Front Panel and Controls
Once you plug the 12V/1.5A power adaptor at the back of the FEELWORLD LIVEPRO L1, the 2″ on-board TFT display will fire up. This little display allows you to preview all your camera feeds, which is pretty handy.
The front panel is simple to understand, and there are only few buttons:
- Four labeled buttons to switch between your input sources.
- A volume knob on the left side to adjust the gain of the program output.
- One effects button next to it, so you can choose between 14 transitions and 9 picture-in-picture (PiP) settings.
- A setup button and a clickable rotary knob to adjust your settings.
- Finally, there is one T-bar to switch between two sources, with a small LED on each side of the T-bar to let you know which one is on air.
FEELWORLD also mentions that you can control the LIVEPRO L1 via your smartphone and an App, but we have not been able to find more information about it.
Price and Availability
The FEELWORLD LIVEPRO L1 is available now for $299.00. In direct comparison, it is the same price as the Blackmagic Design ATEM Mini which has similar functions, but no built-in screen.
For more information, please visit FEELWORLD’s website here.
What do you think about the FEELWORLD LIVEPRO L1? What live video switcher/mixer are you using? Did you already receive live streaming demand from your clients? Don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments below!