Edgar Cervantes / Android Authority
- Google Drive adds multi-text selection.
- Google Drive gets a shortcut for copying and pasting files
Google Drive has finally added support for two basic features, features that should have been reasonable from the start.
The first major addition is the multi-text selection, much like Microsoft Word. Unfortunately, unlike Word, Google Drive requires a total of four keyboard shortcuts to select multiple sections of text. Those shortcuts are:
– Ctrl + Alt + Shift + Left / Right arrow on Windows
– Ctrl + Cmd + Shift + Left / Right arrow on Mac
Read more: How to use Google Drive
The second upgrade to Google Drive was a shortcut to copy and paste files Fortunately, Google is stuck with a much simpler, more familiar combination:
– Ctrl + C, Ctrl + X and Ctrl + V in Windows
– Cmd + C, Cmd + X, and Cmd + V on Mac
These new upgrades are relatively small, but go a long way towards closing the gap with Word and providing a solid quality-of-life upgrade.