With the Pixel 6 series, Google has installed its own complete chip in an Android cell phone for the first time. In previous Pixel phones, there was already a titanium chip for more security, but since 2021 a full processor system from Google (System on a Chip) has been used. There was also a great advertising campaign.
And either you don’t want to save money or Google has had such good campaigns from previous years “Original Chips” The campaign is simply run again. Google has actually shipped its own chips to some people in countries like Japan. This time again four flavors.
Here’s a video from last year:
Snow cheese, hazel onion, salted lemon and obsidian pepper reflect some of the color combinations of the new Pixel 7 phones. Unfortunately, this campaign will likely be repeated Only in Japan And not here in Europe. This type of ad campaign was last seen with Android 4.4 KitKat.
Google introduced the Google Tensor G2 this year, which will be on the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7. So it is only the second generation, but it should already have some necessary improvements.
Details known so far about the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro:
- 6.3 (90 Hz) and 6.7 inch (120 Hz) OLED displays
- Google Tensor G2 processor, probably 4 nm
- Modem with 5G from Samsung
- 128/256 GB storage for both models
- New design for camera bar, technology almost unchanged
- 4K selfies and Pro front camera on Pixel 7
- New sensor for the Pixel 7 Pro’s zoom camera
- Only the Pixel Pro includes UWB, Bluetooth LE audio
- Hall sensor for magnetic detection in foldable case
- the color
Pixel 7: Obsidian, Snow, Lemongrass
Pixel 7 Pro: Obsidian, Snow, Hazel
- Android 13 ab is working
- Market launch in autumn 2022
- Rumor: Ultra model with brand new camera possible
Links with a * are affiliate links If you buy products from a partner, we receive a commission. The price for you remains unchanged.