It’s going to be a strong week for Google Pixel fans. In the next few days, sales of the two new Pixel gadgets, which Google already announced in the spring, will finally begin.
Google Pixel 6a starts with high-end chips
A larger proportion of potential customers are more likely to be interested in the new Google Pixel 6a. After a year without a model for German customers, the 5a was only available in Japan and the US, a welcome return. Google has yet another mid-range smartphone on offer. But it is different from previous years. For example, with the Google Tensor, which is similar in construction to the Google Pixel 6 Pro.
In return, Google again ignores benefits like a 90 Hz display or wireless charging. Ultimately, you need to know what is most important to you as a customer. Because the three-year update guarantee for new Android versions and their availability upon release is almost unique. Google will charge 459 euros for the Pixel 6a. Pre-orders from July 21st will get free Pixel Buds A-Series.
Then we can present our test report to you in the coming days.
Most important key data for Google Pixel 6a:
- Google Tensor Processor
- 6,1 Zoll OLED display
- 6 GB RAM, 128 GB storage
- 4410 mAh battery, up to 72 hours of run time
- Dual Camera – Known from Pixel 5 and Co.
12.2 megapixel main camera (IMX363)
12 Megapixel Ultraweight (IMX386)
8 Megapixel Front Camera (IMX355)
- 5G-Funk, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, eSIM-support
- Dimensions: 152.2 x 71.8 x 8.9 mm (smaller than Pixel 6)
- Stereo speakers, in-display finger sensor
- 5 year guarantee for security updates
- Color: Black, White, Green
- Price: 459 Euros RRP
Google Pixel Buds Pro: High-end wireless headphones
Google is also getting serious about wireless headphones and will soon offer alternatives to the AirPods Pro and Co. The new Pixel Buds Pro will bring us everything that the Pixel Buds A-Series didn’t have. This includes wireless charging, which I personally missed on the Pixel Buds A-Series. But active noise cancellation will also appeal to some potential customers. Last but not the least, it will be more colorful as four color variants are planned.
The RRP from 21 July is €219 and is roughly at the level of comparable headphones from other manufacturers. Let’s see if Google still wants to offer Pixel Buds A-series in the long run. In my opinion, this would be the right way to show two different offers for the price.
Google Pixel Buds Pro offers:
- Active noise cancellation with silent seal
- Playback time is up to 31 hours
- Just say “Hey Google” and Assistant is there for you.
- Clarity mode for understanding ambient sound
- Qi wireless charging
- Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C
- Multipoint for automatic switching between devices
- Waterproof: Headphone IPX4, Case IPX2
- Farben: Charcoal, Mist, Lemongrass, Coral
- 219 Euros (RRP)
Links with a * are affiliate links If you buy products from a partner, we receive a commission. The price for you remains unchanged.