Lindsey Optics has a new range of Brilliant² Rota-Grads. This range of rotating full spectrum graduated neutral density filters fits directly into 4″ x 5.65″ rod-mounted and clip-on matte boxes.
The Rota-Grads come in a choice of densities. The 138mm round graduated FSND filter is installed in a geared rotating tray mount that fits in a single matte box slot. A geared thumbwheel allows you to rotate the filter to the desired position and you can then lock that position with the sliding Rota-Lock.
- Fits directly into 4×5.65 matte boxes, including clip-on matte boxes
- 138mm round graduated FSND filter installed in a geared rotating tray
- Fast and easy alignment of the grad line on tilted horizon, mountain slope or scene element
- Shots with high dynamic range like landscapes with blown out skies can become beautifully exposed with well-defined clouds
- Emphasize specific areas of a scene by darkening a foreground or a corner of the shot
- Minimized filter handling, because the grad is always in a tray
- Geared thumb wheel with Rota-Lock
So why would you use a rotating graduated ND filter?
Having a rotatable circular 138mm graduated ND filter allows the user to emphasize specific areas of a scene by darkening a foreground or a corner of the shot. In addition, it also makes it easier to align the filter’s soft edge grad line on a tilted horizon, such as a mountain slope.
The Brilliant² Rota-Grads offer a significantly larger aperture than other traditional filter alternatives. This enables you to use them with large diameter and wide-angle lenses.
What Densities are available?
The Lindsey Optics Brilliant² Rota-Grads are available in 4 densities:
- ND 0.3 (1 stop)
- ND 0.6 (2 stops)
- ND 0.9 (3 stops)
- ND 1.2 (4 stops)
The Lindsey Optics Brilliant² Rota-Grads cost $499 USD.
For more information visit: www.lindseyoptics.com