You can ask Alexa a variety of questions, and sometimes she comes up with some pretty interesting answers. Known as Easter Eggs, these questions are hidden gems that make the middle school student in all of us giggle.
From bodily noises to finding out her opinion on other A.I. assistants, check out this fun list of weird questions to ask Alexa.
If bodily noises give you the giggles, or you just want to mess with your cat, Alexa has what you seek. Here are some noise commands to try:
- “Alexa, can you fart?” Yes, yes, she can.
- “Alexa, can you burp?” Alexa will give you a funny response.
- “Alexa, bark.” She’ll bark, but if you tell her to bark a few more times, things get out of hand, and she starts rapping using dog noises — not recommended.
- “Alexa, throw up.” She’ll reply with a funny quip.
- “Alexa, meow.” She will make various meowing noises that will drive your cats crazy. (Our author’s cat was both befuddled and impressed that a tiny cat could fit inside my Amazon Echo Dot.)
- “Alexa, can you bark?” She can, although she sounds like the whole pound.
- “Alexa, can you cough?” She’ll give you a flippant response.
- “Alexa, can you cluck like a chicken?” Alexa will cluck, then tell a chicken joke.
- “Alexa, can you cry like a baby?” She cries, then gets her spirits up.
Alexa doesn’t mind answering a few personal questions. Try these out:
- “Alexa, how much do you weigh?”
- “Alexa, are you pretty?
- “Alexa, how was your day?”
- “Alexa, do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?”
- “Alexa, where do you live?”
- “Alexa, what’s your favorite color?”
- “Alexa, how old are you?”
- “Alexa, who is the voice of Alexa?”
- “Alexa, are you weird?”
- “Alexa, how tall are you?”
- “Alexa, do you wear diapers?”
- “Alexa, what do you want to be when you grow up?”
Tech and A.I.
It’s normal to want to know just what kind of artificial intelligence Alexa is, and what she thinks of other A.I. These questions can help clear the air.
- “Alexa, do you know Cortana?”
- “Alexa, do you know Siri?”
- “Alexa, Mac or PC?”
- “Alexa, which phone is best?” (Technically a follow-up question, but it doesn’t have to be.)
- “Alexa, are you a robot?”
- “Alexa, what are the three laws of robotics?” (She has the updated list of four, so Asimov would be proud.)
- “Alexa, what is the value of pi?” (Don’t worry, she doesn’t go on forever.)
- “Alexa, are we in the Matrix?”
- “Alexa, roll a die” (Useful for games and bets.)
- “Alexa, is the cake a lie?” (Yes, Alexa is fully aware of the joke here.)
This list just wouldn’t be complete without a list of skills that makes Alexa do weird things. Here are some of our top picks for oddest skills:
- Flush the Toilet makes Alexa flush an invisible toilet.
- When you’re feeling down, the Flatter Me skill will make Alexa give you compliments.
- “Alexa, enable Gordon Ramsay.” With this skill, you can ask Alexa to ask Gordon Ramsay to roast your cooking ability.
- Super Burp will make Alexa capable of blasting a variety of disgusting burp noises.
- The Talk Like Snoop skill lets you ask Alexa how to say sentences like Snoop Dog.
- The Cat Translator claims it can translate your cat’s meows, but your cat has to meow first, which can be a difficult thing to get on command.
- The Pikachu Talk skill lets you ask Pikachu questions and have a one-on-one conversation with the Pokémon character, with Alexa as the translator, of course.
- Chewbacca Chat does the same thing as Pikachu Talk, except you get to talk to Chewbacca from Star Wars.
- Annoy My Mom does precisely what it says on the label.
- Egg Facts gives so many egg facts –more egg facts than you knew existed, or ever wanted to know.
- Blow Up lets you ask Alexa to blow herself up.
- “Alexa, surely you can’t be serious?”
- “Alexa, where is Chuck Norris?” The answer may shock you.
- “Alexa, tell me a ‘yo momma’ joke.”
- “Alexa, spell ‘ICUP.’” (She’s surprisingly modest.)
Film and TV quotes
- “Alexa, I want the truth.”
- “Alexa, I am your father!”
- “Alexa, open the pod bay doors.”
- “Alexa, define rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock.”
- “Alexa, my name is Inigo Montoya!”
- “Alexa, your mother was a hamster!”
- “Alexa, what happens if you cross the streams?”
- “Alexa, are you Skynet?”
- “Alexa, tea. Earl Grey. Hot.”
- “Alexa, how do you know so much about swallows?”