Joe Hindi / Android Authority
Apex Legends Mobile is probably going to be the biggest single mobile game release in 2022 unless something surprises us. The game has millions of downloads in its first week and it competes very well against other shooters of the Battle Royale genre. It’s rather new, but there are some Apex Legends Mobile tips and tricks that can help you become a better player.
Read more: How to enable and configure gyroscope on Apex Legends Mobile
Configure your controls as soon as possible
Joe Hindi / Android Authority
Apex Legends Mobile has both controller support as well as editor for your virtual control. You can access both in the settings. Not only does this help you to familiarize yourself with the layout of the Apex, it also allows you to immediately place what you need on the screen to be successful.
We already have tutorials on how to configure virtual controls and hardware controllers for Apex Legends Mobile. We recommend testing both, setting a few layouts and moving to the firing range to see if it looks right. Play a few games, change as needed and take yourself to a comfortable place with your controls.
Most of the best players use a physical controller or three- and four-finger touch control style. You should too.
If you do not use a hardware controller, we recommend practicing the three- and four-finger control methods and getting better. High-end players use four-finger controls, Apex Legends Mobile supports those control mechanisms locally, and it will give you an absolute advantage over two-finger players. We have a rough guide to this in our Virtual Control tutorial linked above.
Finally, different legends may have slightly different control structures that work best for them. Apex Legends Mobile lets you save up to three layouts, so we recommend that you use all the tools provided in the game. Use these three layouts.
Learn about legends, good combos and how they work
Apex Legends survives and dies by the appeal and fun of various legends of mobile. There are four types of legends, including offensive, defensive, reconnaissance and support types. Each type has a role. There are ten legends in the game’s release, but more will follow in future updates.
If you want to read about each, we have a guide to legends here. We recommend playing a few games with each legend to see which style suits your game best. Offensive players should choose offensive or reconstituted legends, while more intimidating players can play better with support or defensive legends.
Legendary power interactions can have some pretty bad effects that are hard for opponents to deal with. Finding a good combo can certainly help.
In addition, team formation can play a role in success or defeat. Many successful squads can adjust their ability to create some additional catastrophe on the battlefield. For example, both Bangalore and Caustic have smoke-like powers that cover battlefields and blurred scenery. Bloodhound has a power that allows him to see through it. One team with three can be quite nasty, especially if the other team doesn’t have bloodhounds.
Our legendary guide has a few ideas for combining some Super Basic squads, but we encourage you to find out more. You never know what will emerge as meta. We know developers try to prevent their games from being meta, but one inevitably appears. That said, Apex Legends Mobile is much more balanced than some of the games we can mention (Destiny 2), so you should have enough freedom to choose.
New players should use solo player mode in mobile shooter
Many FPS fans try a mobile shooter for the first time and, to be blunt, it’s not really great. The transition from controller or keyboard to touch control is rather abrupt and takes some practice to fix things. It took me several months before I got comfortable with my first mobile shooters so don’t be disappointed if you aren’t surprised right now.
Fortunately, Apex Legends Mobile helps. There are several single player modes that allow players to practice without being food for more experienced players. As of this writing we have a list of each game mode available. Some options include replay tutorial mode and a free practice mode with mastery missions and more tutorial levels.
It can be a big blow to the ego when you go from a high-level player in another shooter to a low-level player in a mobile shooter. Our advice is to relax, practice it a bit and tinker with the controls to see if you can get comfortable with it before you get angry. Once you get used to it the game is quite fun, especially if you try some of our Apex Legends mobile tips and tricks.
Study the loadout section
This is a great way to learn about weapons on Apex Legends Mobile. The loadout section of the menu shows you the statistics of each gun available in the game. You can compare weapons with each other to see which range is better, which has more damage and more. You can tap the button in the lower left corner to see what your legend looks like holding it. If another player has a gun it can help you identify it.
Additionally, players can actually upgrade their weapons. You will unlock different attachments for each weapon which will increase range, accuracy, fire rate and other statistics. Also, you can change the skins and make each gun look cooler. These upgrades and skins represent a large percentage of your rewards for playing, so you’ll probably be much higher in the loadout section.
You will use a lot of power when you play, but you will use your weapons more. Also, in some Apex Legends mobile game modes, you will be able to choose your own loadout in a quantity so that each weapon is as much as you like and it is worth practicing with them. In Battle Royale modes, the loot is random so you may not always get what you want. These are all reasons why you should know the way weapons are in the game. You can go into firing range mode and practice with each weapon.
Create and play with friends
All the best players have teams and this is true in every FPS game. In fact, it’s so well-known that we don’t even consider it an Apex Legends mobile tip or a strategy. However, we still recommend making some friends, assembling a squad and playing with a team. There are many benefits to playing with the same people. Simple and quick callouts, they can help you find the loadout you like and you can easily combine legendary abilities.
We have a tutorial here on how to add friends and create squads. It’s pretty easy to do. You can make friends with recent players with whom you had chemistry or troll recommendations and see if you can make some friends that way. It makes things easier when you know who your friends are
You can’t name a single shooter where playing alone is better than playing with a team.
Additionally, you can have voice and text chats with squadmates in-game. Voice chat is the fastest way to communicate in any game and thus, it automatically gives you an advantage. Yes, we have another tutorial on how to do voice and text chat with squadmates.
Finally, there are resources outside of the game to help find new squadmates. Reddit has several LFG subredits for this game. It’s worth searching around and seeing if there are other sources. You can find a friend anywhere.
Other Apex Legends Mobile Tips and Strategies
Joe Hindi / Android Authority
There are some Apex Mobile tips and tricks that do not fit the above categories. We’ll list a few of them below and hopefully, it will help.
- Dropship is one of the most neglected part of Apex Legends Mobile. Where you drop can give you a distinct advantage, especially if you know where the loot drops are. Additionally, if you use the controls to go straight down or fly farther, you can get down faster. Either way, where you put it is important.
- Try to stick with your teammates, even when you’re single. Whatever you do Apex Legends Mobile keeps you in a squad. Staying close to your teammates can be beneficial, especially since you’re probably facing at least a few pre-determined squads. You can practice being on a team, even if other players are bad, and it helps you in the long run.
- See other players. It can be something like Twitch or YouTube and either live or a clip video. You can probably learn some great things or some different steps to add to your arsenal. The moment you think you have finished learning, the moment you reach the top in terms of skills.
- Like all shooters and any PvP-based game in general, you should always stick to the high ground whenever possible. It is much easier to aim down and shoot at your targets than to shoot at the target above you. Apex Legends Mobile is very vertical, so remember.
- Think of something exceptional. Many may see the octane jump pad and think of it as an escape route to higher ground. That’s the decent thing to do, and it should end there. Apex Legend seems to promote the use of creative thinking in games in general, and we’re here for it.
- Map Introduction Everything. Apex Legends uses a huge map with many buildings, nooks, crannies, hiding places and loot drop locations. The sooner you learn about maps, the better. There is only one at the moment, but we will probably see others come out in the future.
- Use your time wisely and try to stay calm. Heal yourself with items whenever you can, reload your weapons and try to get a better angle on anyone approaching you. Sometimes, people get shot in the game or get stuck outside the ring and they start to panic. They are usually cut down quickly. Easy to say, hard to do.
- Finally, play the game. There is no better education than education in hand. You just have to be more discriminating with the help you render toward other people.
Of course, better and more experienced players than me can probably give you better advice, but the above information should at least help a bit.
Read next: How to unlock Fed on Apex Legends Mobile