The popular strategy game “front pig“Originally released for PlayStation and PC, a remastered remaster thanks to an exciting Kickstarter project.”Hogs of War Lardcore” Here are the most important facts about it:
- History of development: It has already been 23 years since “Frontschweine” was first published. A second part was planned, but not implemented. The remaster has been in the works for three years and has been renamed from Hogs of War: Reheated to Hogs of War Lardcore.
- Kickstarter campaign: A Kickstarter campaign has been launched to fund the game and will run from October 17 to November 16, 2023. The aim is to raise £150,000 to complete the development Tentative release date is December 2024. Additional campaign objectives include options such as headshot damage, subtitles, colorblind settings, new cheat codes, single player campaign rebalancing, achievements, an ultra-hard mode, and more.
- Publishing platform: The game is slated to release for PS4 and PS5. A port to PC and other consoles is planned, but depends on the success of the Kickstarter campaign.
- development team: The remaster is not being made by the original development team Gremlin Interactive, but UrbanScan Limited. However, the team is led by Ian Stewart, former CEO of Gremlin Interactive.
- change: The game will be completely overhauled graphically and will feature new graphics as well as a new engine. There will also be content adjustments, such as the increased presence of tanks-like modes of transport. Cut content from the original game may also return.
- Content of the remaster: The remaster will include factions, weapons and maps from the original. A single player campaign, local multiplayer, 8 playable teams and original soundtrack are also confirmed.
- Online-multiplayer: Online multiplayer is not currently planned, but may be added as a stretch goal to the Kickstarter campaign.
For fans of the original and new players alike, “Hogs of War Lardcore” promises an exciting return to the world of “Frontschwine”.