The Twitch mobile app launched the new Twitch Stories feature today. All partners and associates who have been active in the last 30 days can now post stories. Anyone using the Twitch app can view the stories of streamers they follow or subscribe to.
The feature was previously launched at TwitchCon in Paris and allows you to stay connected to the community through the Twitch mobile app even when you’re not broadcasting live.
- Three story formats: photos, canvas backgrounds, and clips from a channel.
- Ability to add text and emoji to photos, clips or canvas.
- Notification function for new stories.
- Analysis tool
- An option that makes stories visible only to subscribers.
- Stories that expire after 48 hours. This gives streamers insight into what content resonates best with their community. Streamers with more than 30 subscribers can create exclusive content for their subscribers, such as gifts or welcome messages.
Twitch values security. There are measures to prevent unsafe content and the app has the potential to take action against irregular content
More features will be added in the future, such as polls, video uploads, clip editing, tagging other Twitch users, and more.
More details are available on the Twitch blog.