The latter manufacturer will test Android 14 on one of its current devices and users can participate voluntarily.
Nothing announces that it is currently rolling out a new Android 14 test version. Now on the new phone too (2), which now offers an open beta for interested users. “Open Beta 1 offers early access to the latest improvements and an exclusive preview of Android 14,” wrote Nothing.
This is new for Nothing OS:
- Updated Widget Library UI to show Nothing widgets more clearly
- New photo widget with which selected photos can be displayed directly on the home screen as well as on the lock screen
- New screenshot editor and menu for improved editing features and quick deletion.
- Updated back gesture design to better fit Nothing’s style.
- Added ability to hide app icons on home screen and app drawer. Swipe right on the app drawer to reveal hidden app icons.
- Quickly capture screenshots with a 3-finger swipe across the screen.
- Customize the power button’s double-click function to quickly access a selected function.
- General home and lock screen customization settings have been redesigned to provide a more comprehensive overview of options.
- Introducing glass filter to make backgrounds more unique
- New solid color wallpaper for a more organized look of the home screen.
It’s new with Android 14
Android 14 is another update that brings a lot of improvements that aren’t immediately obvious. These include an optimized back gesture, Health Connect will be permanently integrated, 64-bit will become the standard, improvements to background app management, the sharing menu will be integrated across apps, Pixel phones will have more AI functions, users can customize the lock screen more extensively. can, there are more wallpaper functions, satellite SOS is supported, PIN entry is more secure, your smartphone can be used as a webcam and more.
Improvements have also been made here: for example, when it comes to accessing data via apps. The situation here is that media apps, for example, can no longer automatically view the entire gallery. Removable notifications are no longer allowed Drag and drop is getting more comprehensive, system settings are being updated, Ultra HDR for photos is coming, there are new volume settings, cross-device copy and paste, and the end of the task killer app.