The epic Overwatch World Cup 2023 showdown will be live at this year’s BlizzCon, and fans will have the chance to cheer on their favorite teams and win great prizes along the way.
Group stage and final round
The world’s best 16 teams are ready for the first LAN and group stage of the Overwatch World Cup since 2019. Teams are divided into four groups and will compete in a round-robin tournament gauntlet to determine 8 teams, who will advance to the final round at BlizzCon.
The groups are divided as follows:
- Group A: KOR, COL, MEX, THA
- Group B: GBR, AUS, BRA, JPN
- Group C: CHN, ESP, HKG, FIN
- Group D: USA, KSA, FRA, CAN
Complete schedule of all matches is available on the official website.
This way you can see
You can watch the action live on PlayOverwatch platforms (Twitch | YouTube) and Overwatch Contender (Twitch | YouTube) track. Watching on Twitch or co-streaming on your own channel will give you a chance to get a drop on Overwatch 2.
Additionally, some of your favorite streamers and content creators are hosting group stages and final watch parties, including Emongg, Flats and Jay3.
You can host your own watch party and participate in the official Overwatch World Cup Watch Party program. Use the title “Overwatch World Cup 2023 Watch Party” and the hashtag #OWWCStreamTeam.
Drops are enabled during the Group Stage and Final Watch Party and there are specific guidelines for Watch Party organizers.
The Overwatch World Cup 2023 celebration continues in-game. From October 29th to November 2nd and November 3rd to 5th, you can get in-game cosmetics by visiting Twitch. Just log into your Battle.net account on Twitch and tune in to receive rewards.
Prize pool through crowdfunding
For the first time in Overwatch history, the World Cup prize pool will be crowd funded. Proceeds from crowdfunding extras and packages go toward the Overwatch World Cup prize pool, and there are no contribution limits. The prize pool will continue to grow until the last day of the Overwatch World Cup Finals.
A portion of the prize pool will go to all teams participating in the tournament, with percentages depending on tournament placement. 73% of the prize pool will go to the top 16 teams in the LAN Group Stage, and the remaining 27% will be distributed equally among all teams participating in the Online Qualifiers and Wild Card Challenges.
Stay up to date by Overwatch And get more info on Path to Pro on Twitter, and on the official website overwatchworldcup.com!