Google launched a really good update with the Pixel 8 Pro, is the camera to be trusted?
DXOMARK has released its camera test of the new Google Pixel 8 Pro, and Google’s new top model has topped the overall rankings. With 153 points, it is almost at the same level as the iPhone 15 Pro model and very slightly behind the Huawei P60 Pro. It’s about every single point.
Many people have probably asked themselves whether the new image sensor makes a big difference for ultra-wide-angle cameras, after all they’ve gone from 12 to 48 MP? And yes, there is such a big jump that this camera has set a new record for this category!
All individual values:
Special use cases:
- Pleasant colors in all lighting conditions in both photos and videos.
- Beautiful and accurate skin tones in all lighting conditions.
- Fast and precise autofocus for photos and videos.
- Generally correct exposure of subjects in videos and photos.
- Pay attention to detail on all zoom settings and macro shots.
- Effective stabilization in most lighting conditions.
- Occasional loss of fine detail and localized loss of texture.
- Segmentation error in bokeh mode
- Temporal noise is visible in videos in low light conditions.
- Sharpness difference between images in video.
DXOMark is frequently criticized, but can still provide fairly good comparison values so that we can roughly classify devices. Google can certainly congratulate itself because it kept its promise. I can sign off like this after a good week with the Pixel 8 Pro.