AVM Company has released its new Powerline set, the FRITZ!Powerline 1240 AX WLAN Set. The Powerline adapter comes with the Wi-Fi 6 WLAN standard and therefore offers twice the bandwidth compared to the 2.4 GHz spectrum.
Overall, the set promises a performance Data rates up to 1,200 MBit/s over power lines 600 Mbps at 5.0 GHz and 2.4 GHz. A particular highlight is the seamless integration into existing FRITZ! mesh network. using set HomePlug-AV2-standard, which uses three wires (phase, neutral and protective conductor) of the power line for data transmission. This will result in one Strong and fast connection through the home power grid to confirm
Energy saving and latest safety standards
The set has a total of four LAN ports: two on the FRITZ!Powerline 1240 AX and two on the included FRITZ!Powerline 1210, so that network devices can be used both wired and wireless. According to the manufacturer, the 1240 AX consumes power in standby mode Only 4.5 watts And the 1210 is only 2.4 watts. Despite these economic values, performance remains the same, according to the company. Another plus is current support The WLAN encryption standard is WPA3.
Can be controlled and operated via new WLAN set FRITZ!Box user interface Or an AVM-own program that Available for Windows and macOS Either the FRITZ!Powerline 1240 AX WLAN set, which comes in a package with the FRITZ!Powerline 1210, is now available RRP 169 euros Delivery of WLAN sets should take place within available 11th and 13th November, 2023 took place. The new Powerline adapter was presented at IFA 2023.
Highlights des FRITZ!Powerline 1240 AX WLAN set:
- Powerline with Gigabit LAN and Wi-Fi 6
- A total of 4 LAN ports in the set (2x for FRITZ! Powerline 1210 and 2x 1240 AX)
- WLAN Mesh, 2×2, at 2.4 GHz, up to 600 MBit/s
- Maximum WLAN security with WPA3, easy setup thanks to the WPS process
- The Slim Adapter quickly and easily integrates network-enabled devices into the home network via the power grid
- Compliant with HomePlug AV2 standards, IEEE P1901 and all common powerline devices
- Most idle power consumption is 4.5 watts (1240 AX) or 2.4 watts (1210). Under load, the power requirement increases by a total of about 3 watts
- Automatic FRITZ!OS updates for new features and more security
For reasons of better readability, masculine, feminine and different language forms (m/f/d) are not used at the same time. All personal names apply equally to all genders.