Finally there is good news from Xiaomi, the Chinese are throwing the curved display overboard.
Xiaomi is taking a path with its new Xiaomi 14 Pro that we find very exciting. Because the latest leak, which gives us our first look at the design, shows a big change to the display. Xiaomi, contrary to expectations, is ditching the curved display used in recent years.
Instead, they rely on 2.5D glass, which Google and Samsung are also doing now. So the glass above the screen is very slightly curved to feel soft to the finger. The 13 Pro’s curved display was bad anyway, so the 14 Pro’s decision is very positive.
In general, Xiaomi is following the current trend of making the housing frame rather flat. It is very reminiscent of the iPhone for all manufacturers.
through 91mobiles / Onleaks
Data sheet Xiaomi 14 and 14 Pro
Information not yet officially confirmed:
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 processor
- 6,6″ OLED-display, LTPO 120 Hz, max. 3.000 Nits (Xiaomi 14 Pro)
- Starting with 12GB RAM + 256GB storage
Up to 1 TB of storage (also on Xiaomi 14)
- 4.860 mAh battery, 90 W cable, 50 W wireless charging (Xiaomi 14)
5.000 mAh battery, 120 W cable, 50 W wireless charging (Xiaomi 14 Pro)
- 50 MP Camera (OIS, 1/1.28″) + Ultraweitwinkel + 50 MP Zoom (Xiaomi 14)
- Dimensions: 161.6 x 75.3 x 8.7 mm (Xiaomi 14 Pro)