After years of waiting, its final chapter ended on November 4 Attack on Titan, one of the most popular anime of the last decade. While many were happy with the adaptation of Hajime Isayama’s beloved work, there were some who were not satisfied with the outcome. That’s it Below we explain everything that happens in this hour-long special and what it means for each character.
Eren and Mikasa
There is a lot to talk about with this ending, and one important thing that has caught the attention of fans is the relationship between Eren and Mikasa. After several seasons where we have witnessed love between the two characters, the finale shows us a result of this plot. Thanks to the powers of the Founding Titan, Eren is able to travel through time and influence anyone’s mind, so At the last minute of his life, he offers Mika a difficult decision.
If Mikasa can express her feelings correctly, Eren can use his powers to end everything and the two will live together until the end of their days. Here we are presented with a view of an alternate reality where this wish becomes reality, which in turn is a reference to the first episode of the anime, when we see Eren sleeping peacefully in a tree and Mikasa tells her that she fell asleep. .. “I feel like I’ve been in a long dream,” she remarked, and then began to cry for no apparent reason. The exact same thing happens to Mikasa during the visit.
However, we know that these two outcomes were not, and Mikasa makes the difficult decision to end Eren.
Eren and Armin
Something similar happens to Armin, who shares a talk with Eren where the hero reveals his true feelings to Mikasa and reveals that he erased his comrades’ memories to fulfill his wishes. at the end, Eren admits that all his actions were committed to protecting his friends and loved ones.
Is the war over?
Eren’s goal comes true, and 80% of the world’s population is dead. As a result, the remaining 20% must do everything possible to establish friendly relations with those still living in Paradiso to avoid future conflicts between races. Thus, the hero’s desire to free the Eldians who live outside the walls comes true. however, The Jaegerists represent a new turn that, as we eventually see, leads to another war.
The next character is our fan favorite and that is Levi. While one might think that this hero’s death was destined, in reality we see An elderly Levi is living out his last days after losing several of his body parts.
First post credits scene
When the manga’s ending was released, the infamous bird scene caused an uproar in the community. Fortunately, the anime makes it clear what’s going on here. Three years after Eren’s death, we see Mika visit the hero’s grave. Here a dove matches the scarf that Eren gave her as a girl in a symbolic way, Eren is always meant to be with her. This does not mean that Eren has turned into a bird.
With that, the post-credits scene shows us Mikasa with her family, and though all is not clear, Everything indicates that Jean became the husband of the last surviving AckermanTo the extent that they had a couple of children.
Second post credit scene
Finally, the last post-credits scene shows us Eldia as an advanced race. Unfortunately, the war destroys the place again and we see how all the buildings are destroyed by bombs. Although Eren’s sacrifice gave his friends a better life, It did not guarantee a promising future for the rest of humanity.Which leads to repeating the same mistakes.
Following this, we are presented with a scene of Ymir gaining power over the Titans, again indicating that the cycle will repeat itself. Although it is not explained who this young man is, there is no need, as it is implied This is a cycle unfortunately destined for humanity.
On a related note, Mexico already has a date for the final chapter of Attack on Titan. Likewise, find out Kaiju No. 8, An anime similar to Attack on Titan.
Attack on Titan is one of the most important anime and manga of recent years, and the beauty of its ending is that it speaks to human nature and its destiny to destroy itself. A sad message, but one that speaks honestly about us.
Via: Attack on Titan