At Xbox our goal is to bring the joy of gaming and community to everyone on the planet. We are committed to achieving this vision by providing great games and services and enabling more people to play than ever before. That’s why we’ve created Xbox Game Pass and continue to expand cloud gaming to new devices – so we can open up ways people can play across devices they already own: PCs, consoles, mobiles, tablet devices and now smart TVs.
Last June, we shared our vision for bringing Xbox to more gamers by working with global TV makers to embed the Xbox experience on smart TVs. Today, the Xbox team provided an update on our vision and outlook, including how we’ve made last year’s vision a reality by bringing the Xbox app to smart TVs, starting with our partner Samsung, the global leader in TV.
Together, Samsung and Xbox have partnered to bring Xbox game passes to millions of Samsung Galaxy phones around the world, and now we’re partnering again to bring our Xbox gaming experience to their 2022 smart TV. I am excited to enjoy cloud gaming on Smart TV on June 30 in 27 countries.
The Xbox app is now on smart TVs
Playing Xbox Games on Samsung Smart TV 2022 Xbox Game Pass gives Ultimate members easy and instant access to over 100 high-quality games, the same day they released Xbox Game Studio titles. And as we recently announced, you can play too Fortnite Without membership through cloud gaming.
The Xbox app introduces new opportunities to play on smart TV:
- If you got a new Samsung 2022 smart TV, now you will have more ways to play games at home
- If you’re new to gaming, it’s an easy way to have fun without having to buy a PC or console and join a rich community of over 25 million game pass members worldwide.
We’re bringing the Xbox app to the Samsung Smart TV first, and our goal is to explore other TV partnerships as part of this next evolution of our vision.
How it works
Playing Xbox games on the 2022 Samsung TV will be a non-stop experience, just like using other streaming apps on your TV. Simply launch the app, connect your favorite controller and start playing. Here are the steps:
- Access the Xbox app from Samsung Gaming Hub and log in to your existing Microsoft account. If you are a Game Pass Ultimate member, you will have access to hundreds of cloud-enabled games or you can check out Fortnite Without membership.
- If you’re new to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, Join today or upgrade to just 1Or you can sign up for the app directly.
- Connect your favorite Bluetooth-enabled controller, such as Xbox Wireless Controller, Xbox Adaptive Controller, Elite Series 2 Controller, or DualSense Controller. Start playing over 100 high quality games with Cloud Plague Tale: Innocence, Hades And Rainbow Six Extract by Tom Clancy.
We are excited about what this next step means for all your gamers With this rollout, we’re making it easier than ever to play games on devices you already own. With Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and a controller, you can easily plunge into the world of gaming and connect with your friends and community on Xbox.
For more details on today’s update from the Xbox Leadership, read here.