Xiaomi is now announcing a specific date for the new hardware and software. October still has a lot to see.
As some insiders have been shouting from the rooftops for months, the new device from Xiaomi will be available in October 2023. Now the company has finally given an official date when we can get a look at the Xiaomi 14. But there’s more, MIUI successor HyperOS will also be introduced.
Xiaomi will present a new smartphone on October 26, 2023 with a Pro model with a new Leica camera and new HyperOS. Compared to last year it was a good two months ago. This underlines the ambition to sell significantly more devices as it means the entire Christmas business is taken away.
So far, Xiaomi is only talking about both the smartphone and HyperOS. But we expect more, for example a first look at Xiaomi’s electric car. But it cannot be ruled out that the company has another event planned for 2023.
The event on site will start around 7pm, for us it will probably be 1pm.
Data sheet Xiaomi 14 and 14 Pro
Previous information about the Xiaomi 14 smartphone is not all officially confirmed:
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 processor
- 6,6″ OLED-display, LTPO 120 Hz, max. 3.000 Nits (Xiaomi 14 Pro)
- 12/16GB RAM + 256/512/1024GB Storage
- 4.860 mAh battery, 90 W cable, 50 W wireless charging (Xiaomi 14)
5.000 mAh battery, 120 W cable, 50 W wireless charging (Xiaomi 14 Pro)
- 50 MP Camera (OIS, 1/1.28″) + Ultraweitwinkel + 50 MP Zoom (Xiaomi 14)
- Dimensions: 161.6 x 75.3 x 8.7 mm (Xiaomi 14 Pro)
- Android and the newer HyperOS work on the former