Welcome to Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Series Update Hub! Here you will find all the latest software updates for Samsung’s latest clamshell foldable phones. We’ll tell you the current software versions of the device and alert you when new updates roll out.
You can expect the Galaxy Z Flip 3 to get four major Android upgrades, including Android 12, Android 13, Android 14, and Android 15. Samsung will also get the Galaxy Z Flip 3 security update for at least five years
- Current stable version: Android 12
- When will Galaxy Z Flip 3 get Android 13? December / January 2023 (estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Update
June 17, 2022: Just a week after its latest update, the Galaxy Z Flip 3 is getting the second June 2022 update (via XDA-Developers) This new software has landed as F711U1UEU2DVEE for unlocked models and F711USQU2DVEE for T-Mobile variants. Significantly, this update includes eSIM support, a feature that has not been available on phones before.
Here is the complete changelog:
- The overall stability of your device has been improved.
- The security of your device has been improved.
- Camera function has been improved.
- The ‘Auto Framing’ feature is supported in video mode and some video call apps.
- Image quality taken through the social or camera app downloaded from the App Store has been improved.
- eSIM support
- Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) support
You can check for manual updates by heading Settings> Software Update> Download and Install On your phone.
- June 10, 2022: Samsung is rolling out now An update Galaxy Z Flip 3 which brings new camera features to the phone. OTA comes with 1.1GB size and firmware version F711BXXU2CVEB. It includes an automated framing option for video calls, the ability to use Samsung’s optimization and effects in social media apps, telephoto lens support in Pro mode and much more. Significantly, all of these features are ported from the Galaxy S22 series.
- May 3, 2022: Samsung has launched the May 2022 update of the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3 in the United States (via Sammobile) The update fixes dozens of privacy and security issues, as well as providing common bug fixes and stability improvements.
- April 11, 2022: Samsung is now using the Galaxy Z Flip 3 Sammobile) The April 2022 patch also has a fix for “Dirty Pipe” exploitation. Fortunately, the Galaxy Z Flip 3 was never vulnerable to exploitation, but the patch is a good way to get it anyway.
- October 20, 2021: Samsung is now bringing the latest Galaxy Z Flip update to the US market. According to SammobileFirmware version F711BXXU2AUJ7 October October 2021 brings security patches to the device, as well as a long list of additional patches from Samsung itself.
- September 6, 2021: Firmware Version F711BXXU2AUI1 September 2021 Android Security Patch Introduces Samsung’s New Flip Phone.
- August 31, 2021: Samsung Galaxy Z has rolled out One UI 3.1.1 on Flip 3. The new version of the software introduces several new features, including the option to increase battery health. The setting allows Samsung users to limit top-end charging to 85% of capacity on their devices. The update also improved the overall performance of the phone and was the last stop before the company rolled out the One UI 4 update based on Android 12.
Let us know which Galaxy Z Flip 3 update you are rocking in the comments. Also, feel free to let us know if you’ve seen any recent updates that we missed!