Although we often think of the worst case scenario It comes with malware – stolen identities, empty bank accounts or leaked personal information – the ambitions of the bad actors behind the programs are not always so great. Sometimes a malicious app just wants to make a few bucks for its creator. Of course, they are still malicious and now a new list of Android apps including Trojans has been released on the Google Play Store.
McAfee Mobile Research Group 16 recently identified Android apps Including a Trojan that clicks on Google Play. Android users downloaded the infected apps more than 20 million times before they were removed from the Google Store. Unfortunately, just because you can’t find apps doesn’t mean they aren’t on your phone or tablet
McAfee researchers explained that the malicious code is hidden in several popular utilities, including the flashlight, task manager, and QR reader.
Once installed, the malware starts crawling websites without the user’s knowledge and generating fake views and clicks in the background. Not only do they find the pockets of crooks with ads, but the impact on your device can be significant.
When browsing websites on your phone in the background, battery life decreases as if you were browsing alone. If your phone has weird apps and battery life isn’t what it used to be, now you might know why.
Of course, you should delete any apps that use your phone as a click farm. Here is the full list of Android apps with Trojans found by McAfee researchers:
- High speed camera (com.hantor.CozyCamera)
- Intelligent task manager (com.james.SmartTaskManager)
- Flashlight + (kr.caramel.flash_plus)
- Calendar Notepad (com.smh.memokalender)
- K dictionary (com.joysoft.wordBook)
- busan bus (com.kmshack.BusanBus)
- Flashlight + (com.candlecom.candleprotest)
- Quick note (com.movinapp.quicknote)
- Currency converter (com.smartwho.SmartCurrencyConverter)
- win-code (com.joysoft.barcode)
- Izdeka (com.joysoft.ezdica)
- Downloader for Instagram profile (com.schedulezero.instapp)
- Comment (com.meek.tingboard)
- Flashlight (com.candlecom.flashlite)
- A calculator (com.doubleline.calculation)
- Flashlight + (com.dev.imagevault)
“Hipster-friendly explorer. Award-winning coffee fan. Analytical problem solver. Troublemaker.”