This Sunday, at the Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase, we’ll give our fans a closer look at an amazing line-up of games coming to Xbox, PC and Cloud. As we prepare to bring the upcoming games back to the screen, we also wanted to share some updates on how you can play them. We see this as an update on the progress of our mission: to bring the joy and community of gaming to the 3 billion gamers on the planet.
With Xbox 20M It’s also important to let us know what to expect from Team Xbox, including the anniversary behind us recently, our devices and services, as we build a platform Next 20 years of gaming. Today, with the new Xbox Game Studio title with Xbox, we want to share what we’re doing to keep Xbox as the best standard of gaming for players to enjoy the best games across the genre and across consoles, PCs and the cloud. The game passes they launch on the same day.
- Xbox app is being brought on Samsung 2022 smart TV
- Xbox Cloud Gaming is expanding to more countries
- Introducing new gaming experiences on Microsoft Edge and Windows 11
- Updates are being rolled out for Xbox Game Pass members
- More options for exposing yourself with Xbox Design Lab are being introduced
As Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer sees it, “We’re building a platform that can reach billions of players — whether on consoles, PCs, Xbox Cloud streaming – where players want to play on any device. They should be able to find the content they want to play. “
Xbox app is being brought on Samsung 2022 smart TV
Today, we announced that we are partnering with Samsung to bring the Xbox app to the 2022 Smart TV so that you can play hundreds of cloud-enabled games without a console.
- That means Fortnite without hundreds of games and subscriptions in our Game Pass Ultimate library.
- Playing Xbox games on Samsung’s 2022 Smart TV will be a seamless experience – just like using any other streaming app on your TV.
- It’s easy, starting June 30, access the Xbox app from Samsung Gaming Hub or Media Hub and log in to your existing Microsoft account, connect your favorite Bluetooth controller.
- If you are a Game Pass Ultimate member, you will have access to a lot of cloud-enabled game play, or you can jump into it. Fortnite Without subscription.
Xbox Cloud Gaming continues to expand
To meet demand and make gaming available to more people, today, Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) is open to players from Argentina and New Zealand.
- Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members from Argentina and New Zealand will be able to play hundreds of games from the cloud on Apple and Android phones and tablets, Windows PC, Xbox Series X | S and Xbox One consoles, and soon on smart TVs with our launch partner Samsung.
- Like players from other countries, gamers in Argentina and New Zealand will be able to play Fortnite with Xbox Cloud Gaming for free and without any membership.
Microsoft is bringing new gaming experience to Microsoft Edge and Windows 11
We continue to collaborate across Microsoft to provide a great gaming experience. That work continues with new updates to Windows 11 to provide a better gaming experience:
- Optimization for windows games Currently being tested in the Windows Insider program. They are designed to significantly improve other exciting gaming features, including Auto HDR and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR).
- A New HDR calibration app This will enable players to improve the color accuracy and consistency of their HDR displays.
- Game Pass Widget will allow players to browse and discover games from Game Pass and return to their recent game titles.
- Controller bar Featuring a list of recent games and shortcuts to popular game launchers, including the Xbox app. The controller bar enables players to return to their games or access Xbox Cloud gaming without the need for a mouse and keyboard. It is currently being tested in the Windows Insider program.
We’re also excited to share how Microsoft Edge is evolving to meet the needs of gamers and to help bring gaming to everyone, everywhere. Exclusive New gaming features Coming soon to the desktop version of Microsoft Edge with some Xbox Cloud Gaming integrations:
- A new personalized gaming homepage featuring news, game guides, live streams, game highlights, tournaments, upcoming and newly released games, and the Xbox Cloud Gaming Library, with easy access to recent game games and related content.
- Built-in Clarity Boost Cloud makes gameplay sharper and clearer when playing in the Microsoft Edge browser on Windows.
- Microsoft Edge’s new game menu offers easy access to popular free games, such as Microsoft Solitaire, Atari Asteroids, Microsoft Jewel, and Microsoft Edge’s exclusive surf games, and also helps players discover new ones.
- Skill mode helps improve gaming performance in Windows 10 and 11 so that when a PC game starts, it automatically runs faster and smoother, reducing browser resource usage.
Get more out of your Xbox Game Pass subscription
We’re glad to share that later this year, our goal is to select Xbox GamePass Ultimate members’ ability to play, from the cloud, to select games they already own or purchase outside of the Xbox GamePass library.
We’re also releasing the first version of Project Moorcroft, a program that brings our Xbox Game Pass members the fun and discovery of new, curated demo games of upcoming games.
- The program will begin next year, with a focus on providing independent developers from around the world with more opportunities to create excitement for their games.
- Participating developers will be able to see and receive compensation for how their demos work, bringing their creativity to the Xbox and reaching new audiences through game passing.
More options to express yourself with Xbox Design Lab
Xbox Design Labs gives players around the world the opportunity to express their personality and unleash billions of potential combinations. Today, we’ve expanded that audience and range of customization options and colors.
- It has new pastel colors – soft pink, soft orange, soft green and soft purple. New camouflage top case with matching side caps – Mineral Camo, Arctic Camo, Forest Camo, Sandglow Camo and Blaze Camo.
- Xbox Design Lab is also launching in 11 new countries including Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Norway, Slovakia, Switzerland and we will be adding Taiwan later this summer.
The changes and improvements to the Xbox experience that we announced today are part of our mission to bring the joy of gaming and community to everyone on the planet. This is a big goal with multiple steps over the next year. Gaming will evolve every day, but we see empowering and connecting those who create games, with those who play them, as a constant and fruitful pursuit.
To learn more about those amazing games on Xbox and PC, please join us for the Xbox and Bethesda game showcase on Sunday, June 12 at 10am PT.